Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I am Thankful for...

  • Ernest.  He helps me have fun and makes me want to be better.
  • Allyson.  She constantly makes me smile.  It excites me to see how she grows and changes each day.  My little girl.
  • Jacob.  He also makes me smile.  His eyes light up when he sees me and immediately makes my day better.
  • Loving sisters (and sister-in-laws that I consider sisters). 
  • Book club.  I've been able to meet more ladies I wouldn't have met otherwise and also re-discovered my love of reading.  Or, more to the point, am taking time to enjoy reading. 
  • Friends who stay my friend and wait patiently when my life gets crazy with work and my family.
  • My Relief Society calling as a teacher.  It makes me dive into at least one lesson a month and makes me stretch.  Also isn't such a high demand calling that I get to still enjoy my family even while working.
  • Cars that run.  Still paying one of them off, but that will be done next year. 
  • Jobs for both Ernest and I.  If we both have to work, at least we have good jobs.
  • Technology.  E-mail, the Internet, blogs, online journals, even spreadsheets.  I love being able to look up anything and to organize our stuff.
  • Prayer.  And answers to prayers.
  • Ernest.  I have to mention him again.  I've had to put in a lot of hours for work lately and he has been giving the kids dinner and getting them ready for bed on his own.  I know from when he has had to work a lot of overtime how much easier another pair of hands makes it, and I so appreciate that he takes care of our family.
  • The book "Believing Christ" by Stephen E. Robinson.  Such an easy book to read.  A quick way to make me look at the Atonement in a fresh way and renew my efforts to use that great gift.
  • Holidays.  I love an excuse to celebrate and spend time with my family.
  • Christmas.  My favorite time of year starts the week after Thanksgiving.  I love Christmas decorations, Christmas carols, Christmas gifts, the Spirit of the season, everything. 
  • Church hymns.  They are the quickest way for me to bring the Spirit into whatever I am doing, calm me down, and help me remember they "why" to what we do here on earth.
  • Playing the piano.  I wish I got to play more and can't wait until we can get a piano at home.  But in the mean time, I love to play and look forward to when I can spend more time at it and improve my skill.
  • Singing.  I'm not great at it, but I love to do it.  It always makes me feel better when I am down, stressed, or already happy. 
  • My family.  They've been mentioned individually a few times.  But I thank my Heavenly Father every day for my little family.  They make my life complete and I am so grateful I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...