Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Earthquake!

Saturday night.

Around 10:53pm

I was at the kitchen table on the computer and noticed the table shaking.  My thoughts:  "Ernest bumped into the table.  But no, it's still shaking.  He must be stomping around in the kitchen.  But no, he's not stomping.  The washer's spin cycle can't be felt at the kitchen table from the basement, can it?  No, don't think so.  Am I imagining this?  Is it an earthquake?  What do I do?"

So I asked Ernest if he felt it, which of course he didn't.  By this time I have both hands on the table top like I'm going to take off or something.  I asked if it was an earthquake, so he came over to feel the table....and it stopped.  I thought I was still imagining it until I saw on Facebook the next morning that half of my friends had felt it.  So.  My first earthquake.  I'm a pro with thunderstorms, ice storms, and tornadoes, but my mind goes blank when the earth shakes.

There was a post on Facebook on Sunday that I thought was hilarious.  I can't find it now to share, but essentially it was a cartoon that said, "In the event of an earthquake, go outside BEFORE facebooking about it."   

(technical details: 5.6, 44 miles ease of Oklahoma City)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...