- Ernest and I talked online for 1 month before we met in person, and then we were engaged 6 weeks later.
- I am afraid of the dark.
- I am also afraid of water, though I have been on two cruises, went SCUBA diving on one of those cruises, and enjoy canoeing.
- Ernest has self diagnosed ADD and OCD. (Shannon concurs)
- I was 6 years old when I became an aunt for the first time.
- I just became a Great Aunt for the first time when I was 31 (Nov 2!)
- I cried the first time my mom made me drive the car. I didn't want to learn.
- Now I love driving on road trips.
- Ernest's favorite 1957 Ford is a Ranch Wagon.
- We own a '57 Ford Ranch Wagon (to be restored).
- One of his all-time favorite cars is an R34 Skyline - recently produced in Spain. Apparently the Nissan GTR replaced it (he's coaching me through this - I'm not a car person).
- I flew for the first time when I was 17. A 3 week trip to England with my brother and his family.
- Ernest draws really well.
- He wants to learn to wood carve too.
- I've taken 6 months worth of piano lessons.
- I played the flute in 5th and 6th Grade.
- I played the violin in 6th Grade, and caught up to the second year students in 1 semester.
- I haven't played the flute or the violin in years, and want to do it again.
- Ernest used to breed and raise geckos. He had 28 at one point.
- We have one remaining gecko, Gigger, who is 17 years old.
- 6th grade was my last year in school. I was home schooled after that.
- I took the GED when I was 16 and passed in the 92nd percentile.
- It seems I pass everything in the 92nd percentile. Good enough to do well, but not good enough to do REALLY well.
- Ernest has lived in 9 different states and Germany.
- I supported myself through school (unfortunately with student loans still repaying) but was the first member of my family to earn a Bachelor's Degree. My oldest niece received hers the next year.
- I graduated Magna Cum Laude (3.85). Couldn't quite keep my GPA up enough to get Summa Cum Laudie. It dropped during the two semesters that we got married and moved - my classes were only 6 weeks long so an off week or two really messed you up.
- Even now, I still want to attend BYU. Must. Let. Go.
- Ernest went through drivers ed class when he was 16, but did not get his license until he was 25.
- There were three people I thought I would love to marry. Third time's the charm :)
- Coincidentally, I've also only kissed three people. Though the last one is the only one that was on my "marriage" list.
- Ernest has broken a bone at least 7 times and separated a rib once.
- I have cracked two fingers, a toe, and had a stress fracture in my hand. Hopefully the kids take more after me than their father.
- Ally's first word was "Mumma."
- Jacob's first word was "Dada."
- My mom taught me to sew a pencil skirt when I was around 12, and I started sewing then. I've taught myself everything else since then.
- I designed and sewed my own wedding dress.
- Ernest had his last growth spurt at 23.
- I have very much become a homebody since getting married.
- I want to learn to decorate cakes. My current learning comes from watching Food Network Challenge.
- I have a very hard time getting to know people. Not really shy, just not sure what to do in those situations.
- Jonathan Brandis was my first celebrity crush.
- I could listen to Christmas Carols all year round.
- I don't like very many contemporary Christmas songs - I prefer the classics.
- I love to Organize. Not that you'd know that by looking at my house though.
- Ernest went to 3 different grade schools, 3 different junior high schools and 4 different high schools, but only 1 college.
- Ernest once got his head slammed in a door by his sister. I love that story, I think because I have four brothers myself.
- Ally would try to stay "Love you" but it came out "Noo noo." Now it is common-speak in our home as well as my brother's.
- We have a pizza night almost every Friday.
- I actually like watching Backyardigans and Word World with the kids.
- I love limericks and remember way to many of them.
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Just for Fun
Random things about me and my family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment