Jacob is 10 1/2 months. Where has the time gone? Every day you see more little boy and less baby in him. Here is what he has been up to lately.
He FINALLY has two more teeth, on the top, and it looks like he is going to have a nice gap just like his Mama. So he now has a total of four teeth.
He is running around. And falling. And running some more. I love listening to his little footsteps around the house! And he is getting fast.
He got his first haircut. I'm a bad documentor and didn't take a picture before, but we did get one after. Ernest did it with the clippers - thought that would be safer than scissors. Now he's my bald baby :) We'll do a longer setting next time. I think it's not so much that his hair is that short, but more that it's that fine and blond.
Feed him baby food and he "strains" it by keeping the chunks in his mouth and pushing the liquid part back out of his mouth. He really wants to eat what we are eating. More teeth will help this!
When we do feed him new foods - if the texture is different he will usually (and immediately) push it out with his tongue and use his fingers to try and brush it off of his tongue. One of the funniest things I have seen. Haven't caught it on camera yet, but I am trying.
He goes to sleep so nicely. Some night he needs some extra cuddling, but most nights he just snuggles down with his dummy, blanket, and mobile and is asleep on his own within minutes. By contrast, we still fight with Ally for 1-2 hours at bedtime to get her to sleep.
We are weaning. I am sad about it, but he's perfectly fine. Just this last weekend we took out the morning nursing (he wasn't nursing during the day anyway except sometimes before naps on the weekends). He didn't notice at all that we didn't nurse. He still gets his evening one, though for the last two nights he's fallen asleep before I could get in there to nurse him. I just do it while he's asleep. I probably could just let him go and not nurse him at all, but I can't quite do that yet. He only nurses for a few minutes anyway, and then he just wants to talk or snuggle. It is nice that he is weaning himself though. Ally did the same thing right around the same age.
He's been saying "Dada" for a little while, especially when he's upset. But he's started saying, "Mama" too. Again, usually when he's tired or upset. It comes out in the middle of his cry and it is so stinkin' cute, I just want to give him whatever it is that he wants.
He has to be the sweetest baby ever. So easy going (unless he's hungry or tired - but those are easily fixed). He adores his sister. His whole face, especially his eyes, light up when he smiles, and he smiles a LOT.
We love our Little Man.
No comments:
Post a Comment