Christmas is my favorite Holiday. I love so many things about it. Here are some favorites.
Favorite Christmas song: O Holy Night. Though I'm pretty much good with any Christmas Classic.
Favorite Christmas treat: Fantasy Fudge. Oh yum. But, a favorite Christmas Treat Event is Cookie Day! We get the girls in my family together and make 4-5 kinds of cookies that we all then split up between the families. Another favorite is Hot Chocolate and Popcorn and a movie.
What does your Christmas tree look like: Colorful. I love white lights, but colored ornaments. We started a tradition when we got married that each year we get a photo ornament showing the family. We tried to do it originally with having ornaments from places we visited, but enough places didn't have ornaments available that we gave up on it. After we had kids, we decided to get each kid an ornament every year that represented them that year, and after they move out they will get to take their ornaments with them.
When do you start shopping for presents, on black Friday or the day before Christmas? I start usually in November, but before Black Friday. I try not to shop on that day, unless it's online :)
Favorite Christmas tradition: Christmas Eve. Watching a Christmas movie or two, reading the Christmas Story from Luke, and opening a present (or stockings).
Best holiday memory: I have several.
As a Kid - one year I got really sick, I think it was on my birthday (Dec. 5). Dad went grocery shopping and came home with groceries (of course) and a book of Christmas Carols for me. I loved the book. There were several years after that where we would sit around the piano singing the songs, with me picking out the tunes. Mom would go all out for Christmas. We had these three bells, dark red and plastic, that we'd hang on the fireplace mantle. They played Christmas carols and lit up in time to the music. Kind of silly, but I remember singing along to them, and wanting to turn them on as soon as I got up.
As an Adult - Our first Christmas together. We had a shabby tree, and lots of random presents. We read the Christmas Story on Christmas Eve and got into our stockings. We slept in and had fun opening presents then playing with the games we got. And probably last Christmas. JoAnn came and stayed with us, since Jacob was due to be born any time. Ally had the best time opening presents. We also spent the day watching movies and hanging out. My aunt and her husband came over for dinner, and I had actual place setting including cloth napkins and stemware. First time I felt like an adult entertaining :)
Fake or real tree: We've had both. I kind of like the fake kind though, just because of maintenance. And I now have a pre-lit tree, which is very convenient.
Favorite Christmas movie: White Christmas! I love Danny Kaye. Though Home Alone (1 or 2) and The Santa Clause are also pretty high on the list.
What do you want for Christmas this year? An Eye-Fi card for our camera.
Favorite Christmas story: The Real One, as read in Luke chapter 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment