Saturday, November 12, 2011

Car Conversations

Driving to church last week (late again, but that doesn't really contribute to the story). 

Ally:  Dada, I see clouds moving!
Ernest:  Yes, they are moving fast.
Ally:  How do I get in the sky and go through the clouds?
Ernest:  You go on a plane and can go through the clouds.
Ally:  How do I get on a plane in the sky?
Ernest:  You buy a plane ticket.
Ally:  How do I buy a ticket?
Ernest:  You save your money and you buy a ticket.  Plane tickets are expensive.  Are you saving your money?
Ally: (dejectedly) Noooo.
Ernest:  Yes, you are.  Remember your piggy bank?
Ally:  Oh, Mama and Dada save money too?!
Ernest:  Yes, we save some money, and we give you some money to put into your piggy bank, remember?
Ally:  How does a ticket get me in the sky?  (this one cracked me up)
Ernest:  You save your money and buy a ticket.  Then you go to the airport and you get on a plane.  Then the airplane goes in the sky with the clouds.
Ally:  Does it use engines?

I'm not sure, but wondering if maybe this is the beginning of the "Why?" phase?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...