Costumes, costumes. I really enjoyed dressing up when I was little, and we made our costume every year. I can't remember a time when we bought a costume, except maybe a wig or witch's hat or the like. And after looking at costumes at the store, I can see why. For the most part, cheaply made or very expensive. Two years ago I purchased a dragon costume for Ally from Old Navy, I think after Halloween because I remember it being heavily discounted. She didn't wear it last year and this year she barely fit into it, but loved it. So, a dragon it is and with no additional money being spent. Now, Mr. Jacob... I was looking at Target because I was running out of time and didn't really have any ideas for him. And I see this super cute turtle costume that is discounted. I picked it up and realized it was a costume for a dog. I picked it up and put it down a few times and finally decided to get it anyway. It's never been worn, right? And it was cheap, and I still think it was pretty cute. What do you think?
I had to work on Saturday, which was our ward's Trunk or Treat. And Ernest didn't get any photos from it. But, his work did a Halloween party for employee's kids on Monday. I took the afternoon off work, got the kids dressed up, and took them over. They both had a great time. Ally got to play a ton of games, got a lot of candy, and "Rawr!-ed" a lot of people. She did very will with saying "Trick or Treat," "Thank you," and "Happy Baboween!" Cracked me up. Jacob did lots of smiles, wiggling, and raspberries. They kids got way to much candy, but that meant that we didn't need to worry about Ally wanting to go out Monday night. Yes! I don't know if we'll get away with that next year or not.

No comments:
Post a Comment