On Friday we dropped the kids off at Jane's and then went to have breakfast. I love First Watch - they actually have tasty food that I can easily eat while on my diet. Afterwards we went to the Antique Mall that is near Shawnee Mission Pkwy and Quivira. We like it pretty well. We didn't get any antiques, but we did get a roller suitcase for Ally (pink and purple and turquoise!), a fold-up plastic slide (for indoors!) that we are saving for Christmas, a bow for Ally, a doll cake tin (the kind where the skirt is the cake and what looks like the top half of a barbie sticks out the top) for future cakes, and some dress up plastic necklaces (also for Christmas) for right around $30. We were happy. Afterwards we came back to the house and worked on replacing that last of the ceiling fans and cleaning up.
Saturday morning we discovered that our dining room floor had puddles on it - the chimney flashing had leaked. Ernest made an emergency trip to Home Depot to pick up a tarp to temporarily help the leaking issue. We were supposed to head out of town that morning. Eventually we did make it out, though it was early afternoon.
We met JoAnn and Martha at Fantastic Caverns near Springfield. Martha and the kids had never been; JoAnn and Ernest only once. I hate how expensive it is to go, but it is so cool to see once. Unfortunately, my camera battery died just as I was working out how to get decent pictures. I got a couple.
Angel Wings. And we did see two bats, though I didn't get pictures of them (obviously).
We followed Martha & JoAnn on into Springfield to a hotel they had reserved. We ordered Lambert's to go. I should have taken a picture of the food. Oh. My. Goodness. So good. And there was so much food. Rob & Jane met us at the hotel later that night. The next morning we all had breakfast together and then headed down to Dad's.
I was either chasing kids or visiting with people so I didn't get many pictures. Here are a couple though.
JoAnn got some more pictures, which I will add once I get them from her.
It was great to see Dad and Mom. They hadn't seen the kids in quite a while. Jacob had a good time with Mom's chickens. Ally just had fun running around with the cousins. She doesn't usually get that much freedom.
No comments:
Post a Comment