Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Girl

It's fun watching Ally grow up.  She is so smart, and keeps me on my toes.  I've been trying to make more time lately for us to do things together.  We've been painting our nails together every couple of weeks, which has been fun.
 
We've also been doing "learning."  That's what she calls the little workbooks that I picked out of the dollar bins at Target.  "Mama, I want to learn!" or "I want to do some learning now!"  We've also done a few little craft ideas that I saw on Pinterest.  One of them involved melting down all of the old broken crayons into larger ones.  This worked well for us because Jacob can use the big crayons that we made instead of just throwing away the broken ones.






Other fun things our girl is up to...  She can count to twenty (most of the time).  And higher if she pays attention.  She loves to color with pens and markers.  She enjoys her "learning" books.  She loves playing with Jacob and including him in her games.  Of course, she also wants whatever toy he happens to be playing with.  She gives hugs and kisses when you aren't feeling well. 

She's been afraid of the dark lately and coming in to our room in the middle of the night.  Still not sure what we think about this, but after several nights of taking her back to bad 3+ times during the night, we've consented to let her sleep on our floor.  There are a few rules though.  She has to go to sleep in her bed (and she has slept through the night in her room a few times since).  She brings her pillow, Hopper (stuffed bunny), and blanket with her.  She doesn't wake us up, but settles down on the floor, usually on my side of the bed.  I worry about it a little bit, but then I remember when I was little, and I had a very real fear of the dark.  Still do, actually.  And I remember being so scared laying in my room.  I did go through a stint where I slept on the floor in my parents room too.  And I grew out of it.  I think I'm still normal.

She loves to sing and dance.  She started telling stories.  Usually this fun, but unfortunately it's starting to also get into the realm of lying, though it's mostly unintentional so far.  We're working on that. 

She loves helping me clean, especially with folding or putting away laundry.  Not so much putting her toys away.  She's a sweet little girl and it is so much fun watching her grow up.  I can't believe it's been 3 and a half years already!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...