Saturday, June 30, 2012

Into the Journey

After having zero motivation for trying to lose weight and exercise again, I have started it up.  I've been praying a LOT about it, and with the Lord's help, have managed to mostly stick to my healthy diet since the middle of May, and follow a structured exercise schedule (6 days a week) for all of June.  Part of the answers I was inspired with include my new FitBit (love this thing and was totally worth the cost), and my friend Lori (she's got me started on Jillian Michael's Body Revolution).  So, since the middle of May, (May 13 to be exact) I have now lost 20 lbs and greatly increased my strength and stamina.  Only a little way into where I want to get, but a great start, and I am still motivated!  Hooray.  Here's a pic from a couple of weeks ago, with my lovely daughter.
A couple of fun things...  Ally likes to exercise with me, whether it's going for a walk, a jog, or doing one of the exercise videos.  If I start to get lazy (Circuit 3 of the Cardio video KILLS me) she is quick to remind me, "No, Mama!  Your arms have to be UP!" or whatever my transgression is.  Jacob loves when I do pushups or situps.  If I'm doing pushups he runs over and lays down on his back under my shoulders/head and giggles every time I come down.  I usually end up giving him nuzzles and kisses when I'm down and then pushing up.  When I do situps, he again runs over, and then tries to sit on my head.  I'll reposition him to my abdomen and try to keep him there while doing the crunches.  He likes to try and migrate closer to my head so I can give him kisses there too.  Crazy kid.  He was "lifting" one of my little 2 lb weights the other day on the couch.  I was using my 5 lb weights on the floor.  Little Man has been into throwing lately, and that's what he did with the weight.  It wacked me on the side of the head.  Oh, it hurt.  I yelled a bit and sat up, and his little face just crumpled.  I felt bad so tried to calm down and give him some cuddles - while moving the weights out of his reach.  My jaw is still sore if I open it wide.  Boy will have an arm!

2 comments:

  1. COngrats on the weight loss! You look incredible and Ally is as cute as ever. So fun that you have a workout buddy (or two...).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...