Ernest and I took a day off of work and went to the Kansas City Home and Lawn & Garden show. When I was telling people about it, they seemed to think it was odd to take a day off of work to go do something like that - and to look forward to it. We actually turned it into a Date Day as well.
I had purchased a Groupon for Le Peep as well as the Home Show, which was kind of the start of the whole thing. We dropped the kids off at Jane's, then we went to Le Peep for breakfast. Great food, but I really have to learn how to order there. I got the Aspen Crepes. I was expecting crepes with some fruit compote drizzled over the top, like how I make them at home. I was so wrong. I ordered a dessert. Vanilla ricotta and cream cheese mixed together that was filling the crepes, covered in blueberries, covered in whipped cream. I brushed off all of the whipped cream and squished out all of the crème in the middle. Still tasted good, but way too rich for breakfast!
Finally, we headed downtown to the Home and Lawn & Garden Show. One of my favorite things to do with Ernest is walk around and hold hands, so this was already turning into a great day.
Warning: If you haven't been to a show like this before, be prepared to get accosted by people wanting you to sign up for something or enter a survey ("It's Free! What do you have to lose?").
We came home with a bag full of magazines, information sheets, brochures, and business cards. Got some fun ideas around home improvements and technology, as well as gardening and outdoor entertaining. They have a show in the Fall as well, and I'd like to make a trip back and wander around for the day.


No comments:
Post a Comment