Originally we were going to get ornaments from our vacations - this one was from our honeymoon at the Great Wolf Lodge. However, we have had trouble finding ornaments on our different trips, so that idea got stopped before it really got started.
Our First Christmas Together 2006. It is a mirror, so really hard to get a picture. I do like our wedding picture that is visible on the wall behind it though.
2007. This picture is actually from outside the temple on the day we were sealed.
2008. A trip to Nauvoo that we took that year.
2009. With a 10 month old Ally-girl!
2009. Ally's first ornament.
2010. Another trip to Nauvoo. I was pregnant with Jacob.
2010. Ally's ornament. She was really into mittens that year.
2011. Our ornament this year! From the hayride.
2011. Ally's ornament for this year. She loves Minnie.
2011. Jacob's first ornament!
A plastic canvas snowflake that my mom made. I want to make some more of these. Snowflakes are my favorite. Most of the ornaments on our tree our various snowflakes.
A VERY old pair of skates that my mom made. We used to have a bunch of these on our tree. Made of felt, yarn, and paperclips, stuffed with cotton. I want to make some more of these too.
Putting the tree up. Jacob liked to slap at the boughs and then would giggle.
Our fireplace. I just finished Jacob's stocking tonight :)
My nativity set that I love.
Ally and I decorated the front door with - you guessed it - snowflakes!
Beautiful decorations. How do you do your lettering on your stockings? Just curious.
ReplyDeleteThanks! A friend of mine has an embroidery machine. You can download or design your text or pictures and then load them into the embroidery machine. All you do is change the thread and then watch it run. So nice! Definitely on my list of "want-to-haves" when the kids are older.
ReplyDeleteI was just going to ask about the stockings, but Susan already did. Great minds think alike I guess! They look really lovely. Very classy.
ReplyDelete