Sunday, December 4, 2011

Cookie Day

Saturday was our 1st Annual Cookie Day.  A friend of mine does this every year with her family and I loved the idea.  I talked to the ladies in my family and we all agreed to try it out.  It's for the Aunties and Nieces.  I selected the cookies that we were going to make and each family was assigned to bring an ingredient.  We made sugar cookies, candy cane cookies, chocolate chip cookies, spritz, and peanut butter blossoms.  Of course many get eaten throughout the day, and then whatever is left gets split up between the families and taken home so the boys can also partake.  I had a good time hosting, and it looked like everyone had a good time making and eating cookies.  I think this is the beginning of a tradition.  There was already talk of "next year, let's try making..."
 "Cousins" playing together.  Ally is quite excited by the fact that she has cousins.
 Kira's first time cracking an egg!  Auntie JoAnn taught her how.
 Auntie Taunia helping with sugar cookies.
 Auntie Martha helping Ally with sugar cookies.
 Auntie JoAnn helping Ally too.
 Our batch of sugar cookies.  They looked quite interesting but tasted soooo good.
Candy can cookies!  Auntie Jane and Auntie Taunia are the adults helping with these, with Lucy and Sophie being the youth leaders.  They helped make these last year too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...