Monday, March 14, 2011

Kitchen Remodel

The never-ending kitchen remodel.  We started about a year ago I think.  We are mostly finished, but not quite.  Here's what happened.  It started when our tiny oven went out.  It was a wall over that was probably original with the house.  Half of my cookie sheets wouldn't fit inside of it.  It began to die, so we started to look at replacing it.  You could still purchase wall overs that would fit the cutout, but it would cost over $600.  We could get a new standalone for less than that.  So se decided we'd remodel part of our kitchen and get a standalone stove instead of our countertop cooktop and wall mount oven.  One thing led to another, and we eventually ended up remodeling the entire kitchen, including taking out two walls, adding a wall, replacing the floor, filling in a window, new cabinets, new counter tops, new stove and fridge (second hand, but new to us), taking the carpet out of the dining room (yes!!!), and probably more that I'm not thinking of right now.  They say that a picture is worth a thousand words.  Let's let them speak.

BEFORE

DURING

AFTER
We did most of the work ourselves.  I even reupholstered the chairs (they were a nasty stained brown before).  Now they match my curtains and are covered in kid-proof plastic.

We still have some finishing touches.  Where we took the wall out, the ceiling still needs to be touched up.  The trim boards around the cabinets and walls are not all up yet.  I think that's about it.  Almost there!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's amazing! Not even the same room at all...good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! So does your hair, I just saw you on Sunday and it looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...