It's a conspiracy I tell you. Kids have ESP and they use it to communicate with each other for the purpose of thwarting their parents. This was last night and this morning at my house.
7:00 - Begin getting Ally ready for bed. Going potty, taking her vitamin, brushing her teeth, massaging her legs, putting on pajamas.
7:20 - she can watch a 20 minute episode of Backyardigans or Dora, sitting quietly. I feed Jacob.
7:40 - Jacob gets laid in his crib and is asleep. We go to Ally's room and read two books. Say prayers, and tuck her into bed.
7:50 - I stand in her doorway and sing a couple of lullabies to her and tell her Good Night.
7:50:30 - she comes running into the hall - "Mama, mama!" I pick her up and put her back into bed (trying the Baby Whisperer thing where you don't interact with them, just put them straight back into bed).
7:50:45 - running out again - "Mama, mama!"
Continue repeating about every 30 seconds for the next 10 minutes. Then she tries "Potty!" Since we are potty training her and we've told her to tell us when she needs to go, I took her. And she did potty. Unfortunately, Mama (that's me) bumped into the toilet lid while helping Ally get back into her PJ's and caused the lid to fall, which resulted in a wail from Jacob's room. Ernest went to get him and calm him back to sleep. I put Ally back in bed.
8:01 - running out again with her pillow and blanket this time - "Mama, in there!" (pointing to our bedroom. I pick her up and put her back in her bed.
Repeat roughly every 45 seconds for the next 10 minutes.
8:10 - still running out into the hall, but now with her pillow, two blankets, and her bunny - "Mama, scared!" I put her back into bed, and then stood in the hall where she could see me - just in case she really was scared.
Repeat this again about every 45 seconds for the next 5 minutes or so.
8:15 - She starts to settle down. Then Jacob cries. "JJ cry" and she tries to go see him.
Continue repeating, but with the change that when Jacob would start to settle down, Ally would cry out and get him going again, and vice-versa.
8:30 - Ernest and I switch. I feed Jacob a little bit more and cuddle him. Ernest continues to put Ally back in her bed.
8:40 - Ally is singing to herself, but staying in bed. I put Jacob back to bed. No one else comes out of their room.
8:45 - Ernest and I turn on American Idol in the living room quietly and wait to see if Ally comes out again. I cuddled next to him on the couch and fell asleep before 9:15.
9:30 - we both go to bed.
1:00 - Ally wakes up needing to go to the bathroom. Ernest takes her. Then she doesn't want to go back into her own bed, "In there!" Ernest keeps putting her back in bed and trying to keep her quiet so Jacob doesn't wake up.
1:30 - I try my hand at getting her back to sleep by tucking her in and singing one lullaby to her. She didn't like it, but did stay in bed.
1:45 - I get back in my bed and try to go to sleep.
2:30 - Jacob gets up to be fed.
2:50 - Jacob goes back to sleep. And I'm thinking of how this whole thing is a kid conspiracy. I could have slept 5 whole hours if Ally hadn't woken up. I think I've made it past the 4 hour mark maybe once.
5:00 - Ernest's alarm starts going off. I have no idea what time he got up but I think it was close to 6.
6:15 - My alarm goes off and I hit snooze once.
6:25 - I got up and got myself ready
6:45 - Didn't wake Jacob up, but picked him up to begin feeding him. All week when I change his diaper and get him changed before feeding him he wakes up completely and just wants to smile and play. Very nice, but stinks when I have to leave the house before 7:30 and want to nurse him first!
7:05 - Jacob's diaper changed and dressed.
7:10 - Got Ally up and ready for the day. She was pretty sluggish so it took a bit to get her going.
7:30 - got in the car and drove the kiddos to Jane's.
And they look so sweet and innocent.
No comments:
Post a Comment