Thursday, July 8, 2010

Vo-cab-u-lar-y

Ally’s vocabulary is growing!  Here is a dictionary of her current words:
Tee – tree
Ticker – sticker (also refers to a bandaid – currently there’s no difference to her)
Di-di – diaper
Shhhoe – shoe
Mi – milk
Nana – banana (sometimes she’ll actually get all 3 syllables out)
Dis – loosely translates as “What’s this?” especially when accompanied by a pointing finger
Mumma – mommy, mummy, mama, however you want to say it.  I answer to them all
Mama – Daddy.  Which cracks me up.  We say, “No, that’s Daddy” and she just grins, points, and says “Mama”
Ysss – Yes.  Surprisingly, she hasn’t said “no” yet.  Maybe she doesn’t hear it enough?
Cheek – cheek.
Boo boo – Chew Boo, Jane’s dog that Ally likes to play with
Ba – book, or sometimes bath
Bal - ball

I think that’s about all that she says.  Though of course she babbles non-stop.  She understands a LOT more words, like food, drink, up, pants, shirt, tummy, bellybutton, chair, ears, glasses, eyes, hair, head, knees, foot, toes, crayon,  dog, cat, orange, car, outside, etc.  We can ask her questions now and she’ll respond with a grin and nodding or shaking of the head.  Her smiles crack me, and also make me melt.  Her eyes sparkle and her little dimples show up.  I just want to give her a kiss every time she smiles at me like that, and I often do.  She gives kisses on the cheek – basically she smiles with her lips together and presses them to your face.  They aren't slobbery, and it works for me!  She still gives great hugs and pats me on the back, but the pats on the back are not as often.  Now she lays her head on my shoulder for a moment.  I must admit, one of my favorites!  When she’s got her head on my shoulder, I’d giver her just about anything she wanted I think.  Again, just makes me melt.  I love my little girl!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...