Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hot fun in the summertime

We got Ally a little baby pool.  One of those inflatable ones for around $10.  Nothing big or fancy, but oh my goodness, she loves it.  I finally got it blown up and out in the yard last week.  Filled it with a little bit of water, and let her have at it.  That girl can splash!  I sat on the outside and put my feet in with her (why is it that it feels soooo much cooler when you are in the water?).  She got a kick out of that and started trying to put the rings on my feet.  The pool also came with some blowup starfish that had bells inside of them.  Ally kept putting them behind her in the water.  It was fun to watch because every time she leaned forward to grab the next star fish, the one behind her would float out.  I'm not sure that she ever did catch on to that.  She also has a lot of fun watching the water drip off of her fingers.  And I just admit, I had a lot of fun watching her have a lot of fun watching the water drop off of her fingers.  My girl is turning into a water baby!  We went to Ayslin's house a few weeks ago and went swimming there.  That was Ally's first time in a big pool.  She loved that too.  She wanted to try and swim, moving her arms and legs in her own doggie paddle.  Once she saw how daddy put his face under water she was doing the same thing.  There was some licking of water too (also pretty funny to watch) and lots of blowing bubbles.  And even more splashing.  I'll have to find some place local so that we can go to the "big" pools more often.  In the mean time, the blowup baby pool is a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...