Saturday, May 17, 2008

Springtime in Kansas!



I love it here! We've had some cooler days, some warmer days, some windy days (hello tornado warnings), and some rainy days. But they are all so nice. We've had the chance to watch Morgan several times. She is such a good little girl. Several months we ended up watching her unexpectedly and I was in the middle of cleaning the bathroom. I told her she could help: took over he shoes/socks, rolled up her pants and sleeves, gave her a sponge, and stuck her in the tub. She helped me wash the tub and the tile walls. So, now when she comes over, I usually her (in a very serious voice), "I need to clean your bathroom." Anyway, so you don't think I'm a task master, let me explain that she doesn't usually do this :) We'll take her for walks in the park that is near our house or play in the yard.


Last week we went to the petting zoo, but I forgot my camera. She had so much fun though. I picked up Sophie, so it was the three of us girls. We met my friends Lori & Lucas with their little girl, Sydney, there as well. You know Kansas storms though....it threatened for a while and then all of a sudden the torrent let loose. We didn't get too wet (I'm pretending to be a Mom, and remembered to bring umbrellas) but it did cut our afternoon short.

A couple of weeks ago Ernest went to his first Major League baseball game. It was the Royals versus......someone. I enjoy baseball, but I don't follow it all that closely. We went to the game since some friends of mine were coming in from out of town to go to the game, and invited us to go as well. It was freezing! But so fun. Hot dogs never taste as good outside of a ball park. Anyway, the Royals ended up winning, and there were fireworks after the game. I can't wait to go again. Although I wouldn't mind it being a little warmer next time!
More pictures and a video on my facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...