Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ally turns 3!

I can't believe it's been three years since Miss Allyson was born on February 23.  It goes by very quickly.  She has been looking forward to her birthday for weeks.  We splurged and got her a Leapfrog LeapPad for her birthday, thinking that it would help the conflict that arises of her wanting to always play on one of our smartphones.  Well, she loves the LeapPad, and calls it her IPad or Laptop.  We actually celebrated her birthday on Saturday and had all of my brothers and sister and their families come over.  Our house isn't that small, but it becomes tiny when we get that many people! 

Me: So birthday girl, what would you like for dinner? Ally: Cake. Me: No, what for dinner? Cake is after dinner. Ally: No, CAKE! It will make my tummy stop being rumbly and then I can eat dinner.
And, by the way, I was told it HAS to be a Max & Ruby cake with a pink butterfly because "those are my baybrit." 

I was kind of at a loss as to how to pull of a Max & Ruby cake, but inspiration dawned on Friday before her party.  I found some coloring sheets online that I blew up and printed.  They also had some printable party hats and a banner that I took advantage of. 

I made marshmallow fondant and a chocolate cake.  I colored the fondant into different colors.  Ernest cut out the coloring sheet, so that each piece was a different color.  I laid the cut out pieces of paper on the appropriate colored fondant and then cut out the shape.  I assembled the pieces onto the cake, and then used frosting to pipe in outlines and details.  Not too shabby, if I say so myself. 

 Her little finger got into the frosting in two places, despite my best efforts.
 Her cousin Ryan posing with her.  And Ally is wearing her birthday pants and tunic, with her pink tutu.

I think Ally had a good time with her Birthday.  She was running around all day singing "Happy Birthday to Me!"  Her aunties teased her when it was time for the cake.  "Now, what song do we sing?  Is it Old McDonald?  Oh, what about The Itsy Bitsy Spider?"  She got pretty worked up about it.  That night at bedtime, she was asking Ernest to go lay on her floor and "cuddle" her (that's what she calls it when he lays on the floor and holds her hand).  He told her it was too late.  Her response, "Not fair!!!  It's my birthday!"  She's a smart one.

I was just getting used to life with a 2 year old.  Now to see how we do with a 3 year old.  We love our girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...