Sunday, January 22, 2012

Mr. Jacob Has a Birthday

And another one bites the dust.  So they say.  We did our normal junk food dinner for New Year's Eve, and got the kids to bed at a reasonable hour.  Ernest and I cuddled in bed and watched a movie - something which rarely happens any more.  The movie ended around 11:30 so we turned on "Dick Clark's Rocking New Year's Eve" or whatever it is called. I remember it being much better when I was younger.  We mostly talked to each other and then I finally turned out my light just as the ball was dropping.  I am not made for midnight anymore! 

The kids let us sleep in a little bit the next day, and then it was off to 11:30 church.  I LOVED this time.....before we had kids.  Now I prefer morning session. Oh well...just 12 months and then we'll switch back. 

January 2nd is quite an event in our family.  Our niece Morgan was born on the 2nd, Hannah & Ryan go married on the 2nd, and little Jacob Ernest Kelso joined our family on the 2nd.  I spent most of the day on Monday making Jacob's cake.  I really want to take lessons when the kids are bigger.  For now, any training I have comes from watching Food Network Challenge.  I just used a cake mix for the cake, did Chocolate Lover's Frosting (on the back of the cocoa can), and Marshmallow Fondant.  Voila!


 Singing Happy Birthday.  Miss Ally was a pro with this one.
 Hmmm...looking forward to this!
 Is it really mine?
 Finally dove in face first.  Once he got a few bits he let his hands help him out.
Sugar rush!  Once he got started he loved the cake.  I was afraid we'd waited too long to take it away and that he'd be sick, but he did alright.



Little man is now 1 year old!

Stats:  23 lbs, 29 inches tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...