Sunday, September 18, 2011

Worlds of Fun

Ernest's company has their company picnic every year at Worlds of Fun. We went the first couple of years (before kids) and then hadn't been back. Until this year. Ally is almost 2 ½ and Jacob is 7 ½ months, so things with them are beginning to get more manageable. And free tickets. A good recipe for a Saturday Family Outing. So we packed the kids in the car, along with sun screen, hats, change of clothes, snacks, food for JJ, sippy cups, diapers, front carrier, toys (for Jacob), and of course, the stroller. It's amazing the things you need for a couple of hours out when you have a toddler and an infant.

I was so pleased with how well both Jacob and Allyson did while we were there. We spent the majority of the time back in Planet Snoopy where Ally got to ride a bunch of rides with Daddy. I hung out with Jacob and people watched. And took lots of pictures of Jacob and Ernest (in most the rides, Ally was so short that it mostly looked like Ernest was riding it alone). She did have a great time though. You'd hear shouts of "Higher!" and "Faster!" mixed in with "I flying, Mama!" So much fun. I rode a giant swing with her, and that was plenty for me. Apparently my stomach has decided it's old and doesn't like rides much anymore. Ally didn't want to get in her car seat and leave at the end of the day, I think mostly because it was a bit past her nap time so she was kinda grumpy. Poor kid, gets that from her Mama. Jacob took a nap in his stroller and also fell asleep again in the car on the way home.


So, a successful Saturday outing. The first one we've really done with all four of us. Next up I think is the zoo. I am looking forward to it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...