Sunday, April 17, 2011

3 months. Give or take.

I wrote this a few weeks ago and saved it as a draft.  Oops.  Here ya go.

So around now is when I start getting confused with how old babies are. For example, Jacob was 12 weeks old on Sunday. However, he won't be 3 months old until Saturday (April 2). Regardless of how old Jacob is, I can't believe how quickly it is going by! At his two month checkup he was 90% for height and had dropped to 70% for weight (he was 95% for both at his previous appointment). The doctor advised us to try and feed him more during the day. She also thought that would help him sleep longer at night. So, poor Jane, who is watching Jacob for me during the day, has to try and force-feed the kid. Well, it's really not that bad - more of getting him to stick to a schedule of eating during the day every 3.5-4 hours. It's taken a few weeks, but he has been going longer at night. Until, drum roll please....he slept all night last Thursday night! I fed him last at 10:30 and he slept through until 5am. I couldn't believe it. He got up every 3.5 hours again over the weekend, but Sunday night and Monday night he went through the night again, even longer this time. I am loving it!

I feed him between 5:30 and 6:00, then again around 7:30 so that he's asleep by 8 on most nights. Before I go to bed (been about 9:30 or 10:00 most nights) I grab him and feed him again, without waking him up. The Baby Whisperer calls this a "dream feed." Yesterday and today he was still asleep when I went to get him up. Of course, he was smacking on his thumb/hand for all he was worth, but he was asleep.
Some other fun things - smiles, smiles, smiles! Especially when on his changing table. He loves to look at your face and just gets so excited that his whole little body moves around. I love his smiles. His eyes light up and he looks like pure joy.

Talking. He's just getting into having a conversation. Ally quite enjoys laying on the floor and talking with him.
Rolling. Well, almost. He can go from front to back, and is this close to going from back to front. He has gotten the hang of spinning though. I'll lay him on the floor, go into the kitchen, and when I come back he has turned 180 degrees so that his head is where is feet just were. I haven't seen him do it, but he seems to be quite good at spinning!

Hands. He has discovered them. He loves to play with his hands or yours. Holding, sucking, twisting, pulling, it doesn't matter.

This little guy is so much fun to have around. And Allyson is a fabulous big sister. She is very concerned for him and loves to help with him. So far (knock on wood) she hasn't tried to feed him anything either. Although she is rather proprietary about her food.

1 comment:

  1. Look at that cute little face! I can't believe he is 3 months already. They grow too quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...