Ally helping me make chili one day after church. She really likes to help me cook.
Wearing Daddy's tie, with stickers on her face, and asking if we can put in a movie. She's really gotten attached to watching stuff on TV. On the one hand it's nice that she is easily entertained, but on the other, I don't like how easy it is to let it entertain her. We're still working on getting boundaries set up.
We participated in the National Family Volunteer Service Saturday (or something like that) with our Ward one Saturday in November too. We went out and walked a trail in Merriam and picked up trash. Ally wanted to walk most of the time, so ended up trying to push the trash in her stroller.
This picture just makes me laugh. Ally was had on her bangle scarf that I got her at Ren Fest this year, and then added her stocking cap to it. In this picture she's watching something on TV that has her riveted. She just cracks me up. Pardon my messy coffee table. I was never fabulous at keeping a clutter-free house, and to my annoyance I can't seem to get much better as time goes on. Oh well.
Helping Mumma make brownies
As we all know, the best part of making brownies!
More helping us cook at Thanksgiving
Waking up in her new bed
Cleaning up after Mumma. I don't remember what I dropped, but she grabbed the towel from the stove and went to town cleaning it up.
Wearing her new jacket that Auntie Martha and Lynn made for her over Thanksgiving. She loves it, and will often leave it on for hours at a time.
Coming out of her room one Sunday morning, carrying her bunny (notice that Bunny is wearing a pair of Ally's tights) and her box of mini-books.
All ready for church!
Helping Daddy decorate the Christmas Tree. Though, most of the helping involved inadvertently breaking all of the candy canes. And taking off every ornament within reach and then putting it back on the tree.
Every couple of nights we'll hear a "thud," sometimes accompanied by crying and sometimes not. This is generally what we find though.
She's ready to be a big sister! She takes Bunny or her Baby and constantly puts them in her booster seat (notice that Baby has a bib, and is getting a drink), or in her car seat, and makes sure that they are covered with a blanket.
This picture was from the afternoon before we went to the hospital to have Ally. I was 38 1/2 weeks along.
This picture is of me pregnant with Jacob at about 35 weeks along. I'm already bigger here than when I had Ally. Yikes!
So, anyway, that's been the last few weeks for the Kelso family in pictures. Our kitchen is nearly finished (finally!) so I'll post pictures of that transformation shortly I think. Other than that, we're just waiting around for Jacob to come.
Skip the next bit if you are afraid of TMI - Last Sunday I think I lost part of my mucus plug, which was a bit weird. Caused me slightly freak out for a little bit, and to get my hospital bag ready (finally) and review the other labor stuff that I had been putting off. I woke up in the middle of the night having contractions every 5 minutes for about 45 minutes. I was still laying in bed timing them and thinking that they weren't all that strong yet, when Ally woke up crying. Poor girl had a bad case of gas and was up for 2 hours before we could get her settled again. By the time she was back in bed, it was 5 in the morning, and I had been up since about 2. And to further mess with the day, the contractions had stopped though I still felt crampy. So, I've had contractions off and on all week but nothing that is steady for more than 45 minutes or so. I'm ready to have a baby to cuddle, even with the draw back of getting less sleep. Although, laying down has become so hard on my back and hips that I'll probably get a better quality of sleep even getting up every 3 hours to nurse. Being a mom is hard! I'm still working and just trying to keep my work cleaned up every day "just in case" I'm not in the next day. Next sonogram is on Wednesday, so we'll get to peek in at how he's doing.
In case I'm not back on here in the next week, Merry Christmas!
Loved the catch-up post and all the pictures. I LOVE LOVE LOVED the pic of Ally in bed with her Daddy and of her cooking chili. So cute!! I can't believe you only have five days. WOW!
ReplyDeleteAlly is such a cutie! How fun that she likes to cook with you. She is going to be a great big sis. I hope your next post has pictures of Jacob! :) Best wishes this week!
ReplyDeleteAlly is gonna be such a cute big sister!
ReplyDelete