Thursday, November 11, 2010

Gratitude

With it being November, and after having a fabulous Relief Society Lesson on Sunday about Gratitude, and since I've been in such a cruddy mood lately - it seems like a good time to jot down some things that I am grateful for.

Ernest.  He puts up with me when I'm cranky and makes me laugh.  He's not perfect, but he is absolutely perfect for me.

Ally.  She makes me smile, and forgives me so quickly when I get short with her.

My Job.  I hate having to go to work every day, so that overshadows my gratitude a bit, but I am grateful to have a job that pays me decently and is fairly flexible with my schedule.

My visiting teachers.  I hate visiting teaching.  I always have, and I don't know why.  When my visiting teachers come see me though, they make it fun, and make me want to do better at visiting my own sisters.

JoAnn.  My sister, who doesn't judge and lets me vent, and helps me see things from a different angle.

My home.  It's constantly a mess, but I love that I can come here to spend time with my family and relax.

Sleep.  I don't get enough of this any more.  But I'm grateful for the time that I do get to catch some Zzz's.

Chocolate.  I eat too much of it, but it can really help a stressful day at work.

Bedtime with Ally.  I used to dread putting Allyson to sleep.  When she was an infant I was actually afraid of her when it came to bed time.  Now though, we've got our system down.  Bath time every other night, then pajamas.  Brushing teeth, and taking her vitamin.  Then we turn out the light in her room with just the night light by the rocking chair.  We cuddle in the chair and read a book, looking at pictures and naming things.  Then it's time for prayer (about half the time she actually does fold her arms and close her eyes).  Finally, she gets in her crib.  We turn on her glow bug (it glows and plays music) and she makes her "nest" with two blankets.  She gets her sippy with water to set in the corner, and then she's all snuggled in and will close her eyes when you tell her to.  The newest thing is she actually replies "Good night" when I say it to her as I leave her room.  So sweet! 

Christmas Music.  I'm so glad it's getting close to the Christmas Season, when I can listen to Christmas music without feeling guilty.  It's one of my favorite things to listen to.  Not the newer pop stuff, but the classics - Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Rosemary Clooney, Mel Torme, Carpenters, Frank Sinatra, etc. 

Well, the list could go on and on.  But I'm feeling in a better mood now and thinking of going and enjoying a few of the things on my "gratitude list" now.

3 comments:

  1. I like your list--thanks for sharing! It is amazing how thinking about your blessings can help you lose focus on all the negatives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute! I love that she makes a "nest."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you already had your baby? I don't have fb so I didn't know how to look at the link you sent me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...