Monday, November 1, 2010

Naaaaaa

Ally's vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds.  And the personality comes out with it.  I had no idea kids were this entertaining.  Here are some of the fun things she is saying now.

puppy - which is quickly followed by a "woof woof"
pumpun - pumpkin, which actually seems to work for anything that is orange and semi-circular (jello, basketball)
cow - again, followed "mooooo"
"oooooooooo" - when she sees a ghost
truck
car (surprisingly, she uses both words, and not at the same time)
sheep or goat - she has some trouble telling them apart, but says "naaaaa" right after, with her head shaking from side to side.  This one makes me laugh the most.
train - so, while the "naaaa" makes me laugh the most, the one that surprises me the most is the "chooo choooo" she says every time she says "train" or hears one.  It's pretty funny too, now that I think about it.
kitty - with some prompting she'll give you a shy little "meow"
skwawal - squirrel.  Since we don't know what sound a squirrel makes, she clicks her tongue.  Apparently Ernest did that once to get one's attention and she hasn't forgotten it.

She's got a lot more but I'm kind of brain-dead at the moment.  She is a smart cookie.  She is already starting to remind us that she needs to brush her teeth before bed and take her vitamin, and when we mention the word prayer (if she is being halfway quiet) she'll fold her arms, close her eyes, and then peek at us.  She's quite the character, and more and more fun every day.

Oh, for a Jacob update.  The second trimester energy has come and gone apparently, and we are now well into the 3rd (and no energy again).  However, both he and I are doing great.  His growth is the only other indicator that the doctors can use to watch for any potential problems, and he's been growing like a champ.  I've gained 20 pounds, which I hate, and am looking forward to another 5-10 in the next 7.5 weeks.  In total it'll be a little more than I gained with Ally.  Though Ernest keeps reminding me that they are already saying that Jacob is "a little chunky" (3 lbs 14 oz at last week's growth sonogram) and I have twice as much amniotic fluid as I did with Allyson, so all of that has to count for something.  I can tell he's bigger and I have more fluid.  The end of my pregnancy with Allyson was really pretty easy.  I remember being fine with being pregnant and not particularly looking forward to not being pregnant (this is after the morning sickness went away, by the way).  This time though, I am starting to look forward to not being pregnant.  My tummy was never great to begin with, but I so miss it now.  There is just not enough room in there for all of me and all of Jacob.  And two more months of this.  Oh geez.  Ah, well, we are nearing the end and I'm sure I'll be missing this again.  I keep reminding myself that this is the easy part.  After he's born, it's a whole new world.

4 comments:

  1. She is a smart girl! That's so cute that she says "ooooo" for a ghost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is so cute that Ally makes the animals noises after she says the name! I'm glad things are going well with your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ally is a smart little girl! She's going to make a great big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...easier on the inside than the outside at first. Your Ally really is a smart cookie! Love all the words she is saying. Cute girl!! I'm glad everything is looking great with Jacob. I almost can't wait two months to see pictures of your cute little mister!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...