
Ally is becoming my little helper. I was sorting laundry this week, and needed to take a load downstairs to get it started. She's been quite attached and doesn't like being in a room alone, so I wanted to distract her so I could get the clothes down the stairs and the door closed before she followed me. There was a pile of whites on the floor, and her small hamper from her room next to it. I grabbed a couple of socks, said "Ally, put the clothes in here!" and dropped the socks in. She got the idea of the game pretty quickly. I ran out of the room while she was putting t-shirts and assorted other things in the hamper. I was downstairs all of 2 minutes and back upstairs, wondering why I hadn't either heard her cry or bang on the basement door calling "Mama!" (she does this when I'm in the bathroom too). It was suspiciously quiet, and I didn't see her in the bedroom anywhere. I called her name, and her head popped up on the other side of the bed. She came carting back around the bed carrying a tshirt and socks that I had missed. She had taken nearly all of the white clothes and put them in the hamper, and had continued to find more. That's my girl! I'm sure it was just a coincidence, but the clothes she was bringing around were even white!

One of my dear friends, Alacia, came to visit us for a few days while she was passing through the area. We had a great time hanging out with her. She and I hadn't been together for more than a couple of hours since before Ernest and I got married. Ally just loved her. While Alacia was here, we all took a trip to Adam-ondi-ahman. I hadn't been there in several years and it was Ernest's first trip. Here are a few pictures from Alacia's visit as well as our trip to Daviess County.
The Valley
We found a caterpillar. Ally was quite intrigued.
I love these guys!
Ally putting off bedtime by playing with Alacia's shoes.
Ally loves her Daddy.
She also loves her Daddy's shoes.
She likes to build a "nest" when it's bedtime. This one happened to be in my lap. I'm starting to notice it being harder to keep her, the pillow, and all of the blankets in my lap now that my tummy is growing. Tonight we tried it, and I could feel the baby kicking. I'm guessing s/he was feeling a bit squished!
Here she is moving her nest to the kitchen floor while I was making dinner.
The Halloween costume that we bought for Ally last year to wear this year. We got 24 months thinking that would be plenty big (she'd be 20-ish months). Little did we know about how kids grow... This little girl started out at 6 lbs 9 oz and is now 30 lbs and outgrowing her 24 months clothes. We decided that we should try it on her before she totally outgrew it! It's a warm outfit, so Ally got tired of it rather quickly. I like to think that she is growling in the picture, but actually she is letting us know it's getting hot and she wanted it off.
And that's about it for what I have pictures for. Some other fun things that I haven't caught on camera yet. First, Ally has discovered how to pick her nose. Welcome to the glamorous world of kid-hood. Last night Ernest and I got to go on a well-overdue date. We saw Despicable Me (and remembered again why going to the theater is way overrated for the amount of money it costs!), and then went to Barnes and Noble. I bought "The Baby Whisperer" and a bedtime book for Allyson. Ernest got one of his beloved fantasy/sci-fi novels. My sister, JoAnn, watched Allyson for us so we could get some adult time. It was so nice! We ended the evening by playing a few games with JoAnn, Martha, Hawk, and Kathy. They had been watching a DVD, and when it finished the screensaver came on. In this case it was the word "APEX" bouncing around on the TV. It caught Ally's attention and she went to stand in front of the TV. Then she surprised us all by trying to catch the word on the screen. It was like watching a cat chase a shadow. I have no idea what she was thinking, but it was pretty funny to watch. JoAnn caught it on video, and I'll have to get a copy.
In all, we've had some fun times lately, which is a good counter-pointe to the stress I've been feeling about dealing with the future. Things are balancing out and my sense of optimism is returning. I am so grateful for my family and the friends that we have around us. They really are blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment