So, I'm here in sunny San Diego, CA this week for work. I flew out Monday morning - the flight was a little long for my tastes. Getting off the plane was great though. We've had 70 degree weather, clear skies, and the best part....I am near the ocean. Gorgeous! I had to drive from the airport to my office in Otay Mesa, CA, but I took a couple of detours so I could go by the beach (specifically, Coronado, CA, which is located on an island near the San Diego Bay). Just for your information, Otay Mesa is near the Mexican border. My office is on the last US exit - the next hill over is Mexico, and Tijuana. I don't have my passport, or I would probably venture down south a bit. Here are some pictures and a video (not quite in order).
Extra points if you can guess what was on my TV last night when I fell asleep! (yeah yeah, pathetic, but I really hate hotel rooms when I'm alone)
Gorgeous flowers outside of my office. I was locked out this morning, so had some time to kill before I could get inside and work. I used the time to appreciate nature :) 



We got to go on board an actual submarine. This is looking at San Diego Harbor through the periscope. There is actually a live battleship in the distance. Kind of hard to see in the still frame. If I get my computer to be a bit quicker, I'll load the video so you can see the real thing.
The Maritime Museum. You are looking at a replica British frigate. This one was actually used in the movie Master and Commander. We got to tour three ships on our own - the coolest!
A B39 Russian submarine, that was in service until 1994. We got to tour this one too. I think it was my favorite!
Yes, I am "driving" the ship.
Sunset looking out to Coronado.
Driving through Coronado, looking back towards the mainland.Hotel del Coronado. Gorgeous.
Hotel del Coronado beach. I want to come stay just for one night.
La Jolla. My favorite.
Found the temple on accident. Driving north on the interstate, went around a corner, and there it was. Amazing.
San Diego is officially one of my favorite places.

No comments:
Post a Comment