Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Parkville, MO....who knew?

So, Ernest loves to look at antiques. Especially antique marbles and glass. He likes other stuff too, but those are what he looks for specifically. I love old books, sheet music, cookie cutters, and furniture. For Valentine's Day, I arranged to surprise Ernest with a trip to a couple local Antique stores. We went up to Parkville, MO on Monday and spend several hours going through their Antique Mall and a couple other small stores. I recommend the Antique Mall to anyone who is intersted in antiques! We spent all of $3 - I got a really cool cookie cutter that is a rocking horse and several old books that I read when I was a kid (they were copryrighted in the 50's).

My computer had died a week ago, so we also went looking at the other end of the spectrum - for a top of the line laptop. Well, maybe not top of the line, but decent enough. And I am online again! Though I am now trying to recover all of my old files, pictures, and music from the old hard drive. Anyway, Parkville was awesome, and we are planning on going back this spring/summer for their Blues and Jazz festival. Never know what you are going to find in these little all American towns!

1 comment:

  1. Parkville made a magazine's list of top 10 small towns! I hoping to check it out myself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...